Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tatay is a certified senior citizen!

Last Monday, Oct. 3, the person who fed me, clothe me, sent me to school, loves me unconditionally & continues to support me when the 'need arises' - - -my father, turned 60! To celebrate this milestone, our immedite family members in Manila [minus Joni & Baby Bach who had to stay home 'coz Bach has rashes] had an eat-all-you-can dinner at Kamay Kainan in West Avenue. Absentees were Baby & Jerome, my nephew Anjo who are all in Oras, & Jingle who's in Doha.
We all had a feast, what with KK's 60 dishes. I don't really go for oyster but when Misa soaked oysters in vinegar, I ate at least 3! Because I truly love veggies cooked in coconut milk, I had multiple serving of laing *burp burp*. Despite our appetite however, we all agreed that Tatay has better versions of KK's dishes. Tatay wanted to cook for his bday dinner (as he always do), but we figured that for his bday it was but appropriate to spoil him.
As his present, Chinky & I bought a red polo shirt in Robinsons Ermita & had it wrapped in red too. Misa gave him a Bartlet brandy & patiently looked for a buri bag to go w/ the brandy (I guess, my husband is really sweet).
The next day, the celebration continued in Kamias, this time with our relatives. Highlight was an 'all boaut Tatay' trivia game participated by my 2 nephews. It was a tie :)
I can only thank God for Tatay & look forward to many birthdays ahead!

No comments: